Have you heard the news? We’re moving from glass to PBA free plastic recyclable packaging. It’s an exciting, bold move (and one that was not made lightly!). Living greener is one of our core brand values, and we will continue to be all about that sustainability life!
So why the switch?
Here’s 5 reasons why we switched from glass to BPA-free plastic bottles:
- Less carbon footprint: Because the new bottles are so lightweight, their production requires less energy and creates fewer greenhouse gas emissions. They offer up to 90% weight reduction compared to glass and are produced by an Australian manufacturer. Neat!
- Our bottles are BPA-Free. There is no BPA or bisphenol A in these plastic bad boys! (BPA or bisphenol A is a chemical added to many commercial products like dental devices, eyeglass lenses, and household electronic items). BPA-Free plastic bottles are #1 in recycling and because they are BPA-free, it’s a much safer option too.
- Less breakage – it’s no secret glass breaks and can be a bit of a hazard. Glass shards are no fun. Our new packaging is not only bright and cheerful looking BUT lighter and more durable with less chance of breakage and better sealed freshness!
- Better for on the go – we’re a community of inspiring movers and shakers, so whether you’re hitting the gym, going for a hike or sipping on the go, we want you to be able to safely pack your favourite juice – anywhere, anytime!
- This change will help us continue to grow as a local business and be here well into the future, sharing health and raw nutrition with our amazing community. We’re 100% committed to partnering with recycling programs, embracing sustainable business practices, composting all our fruit and veggie waste, and supporting Foodbank SA…
… So let’s raise a new-look Juice Institute cold pressed juice bottle and toast to that! And good health.
Juice Institute is home to cold pressed juices and cleanses. Our juice gives busy people a simple way to recharge, energise and find balance.